An initiative of the Woodend Community, the Geburrh Centre is a proposed infrastructure project aimed at rejuvenating the existing library and community centre into a cultural arts precinct with supporting and complementary services.
We are focused on creating new and updated facilities at the existing Woodend Library/Squash Court site to better serve the community. This includes:
- New Market Hall: “Agora”
- Updated Library
- New Auditorium
- New Central Outdoor Space
Acting as a focal point for artistic endeavour, communications and sharing for all Woodend residents this new precinct is designed to serve as a resource for adjoining communities in the Macedon Ranges region.
Established at the start of 2016, the working group aims to:
- Identify the key groups that would benefit from the centres creation
- Articulate the strategy that will ensure quality feedback and outcomes are delivered
- Define the range of services and amenity that the community wants
- Solicit interest for funding and grants that will finance the infrastructure required to make the centre viable.
- Transfer the centres launch into an ongoing sustainable resource for the community